Shalom House welcomes financial contributions from individuals and organizations who wish to support our mission of providing Home, Health, and Hope to those living with severe and persistent mental illness. Contributions can be designated to our various programs such as the Art Program, Peer Support, Annual Fund – or made without a particular designation.
By contributing to the Shalom House Annual Appeal you play a major role in providing those who are suffering with the tools and opportunities to enhance their lives and regain their independence.Donate Now to our Annual Appeal Your gift will help provide Home, Health, and HOPE!
Give your correspondence some style with these wonderful note card sets. Cards feature selected works from various Shalom House artists. They also make great gifts.Purchase Art Cards All proceeds benefit the Art Program.
EventsDonate Now No trainings or workshops scheduled at this time. Please check back often for updates.
Other Ways to Give
Shalom House will receive a portion of the purchase price* when you shop at smile.amazon.com from the Amazon Smile Foundation, at no cost to you. It’s a simple and automatic way for you to support Shalom House every time you shop. You must go through the smile.amazon.com portal each time you make a purchase. (*0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.)
United Way of Greater Portland Campaign
Did you know that you can designate to which charity(s) you would like your United Way dollars to go? It’s easy. Just enter your preference(s) on your UW donation form. We hope you will list Shalom House.
106 Gilman Street
Portland, ME 04102
Gift and Estate Planning
Explore the many ways you can help meet your financial goals and maximize your philanthropic giving through gift planning. Contact our Development Office today about any questions you have or to learn more about how gift and estate planning can benefit you and Shalom House. Your inquiry is always confidential.
Give Through Your Employer
- Workplace giving makes supporting Shalom House easy for you. Many employers can set up payroll deduction and your gift is automatically deducted from your account. Shalom House participates in several workplace charity campaigns including the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC #0571) and several corporate campaigns.
- Matching gifts are easy since many employers will match your donation to Shalom House— meaning that your gift has double the impact on our efforts to keep vital habitats and unique species from being lost forever.
Gift of Stock
Donating securities is easy! When you give appreciated securities, you may receive an immediate tax deduction and savings on capital gains taxes. Your gift of stock or mutual funds can also be used to fund a charitable gift annuity. You can make a gift of appreciated securities to Shalom House while diversifying your portfolio and/or securing a stream of income.
For direct information about gifts of stock, please call (207) 874-1087 x102 or email us today.
How to Donate Goods
Because of our limited storage space, we cannot accept everything. We ask that you call the Development Office in advance to ensure that we have the capacity to receive your donation. Please note that you will be asked to make arrangements for large donations through our Property Management Department.
- Household Items: New or gently used pots and pans, utensils, plates and dishes
- Toiletries: New/unopened shampoo, soap, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes etc.
- Furniture: Bedframes, end and coffee tables, chairs, couches, dining room sets and kitchen tables. (Please no items with tears, holes, or stains)
We appreciate your support! Unfortunately, Shalom House cannot accept donations of clothing, used mattresses, large appliances and televisions. We also cannot accept any items that are broken, missing pieces or in poor condition. Federal & Health regulations prevent Shalom House from accepting the following: batteries, drugs, mattresses, refrigerators, freezers, washers, or dryers. We also cannot accept cleaners, chemicals, tires or weapons.