Shelter Plus Care

About the Program

The SPC Program provides housing and supportive services to homeless individuals with disabilities, primarily those with severe and persistent mental illness, substance abuse, and HIV/AIDS. SPC follows a Housing First Model by encouraging recipients to accept supportive services along with rental assistance with a goal of long-term stability in permanent housing. Program participants provide 30% of their income towards rent while the remaining amount is subsidized through the SPC program.